temp

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cheese-on-top deep dish at the Exchequer Pub

The Exchequer Pub works as a bar and a restaurant. I could drink here. I could eat here. I could do both.

After a day out on the Chicago River via water taxi, a relaxing visit to Chinatown's Ping Tom Memorial Park and a walk around Navy Pier and Streeterville I was sunburned and in need of liquids and sustenance.

Exchequer makes a great cheese-on-top deep dish, and the crust was tasty around the edge without being too thick on the bottom. If I had one criticism it would be the sheer amount of cheese served up on this lovely pie. It's just so much, but the chunky tomato sauce and the generous portions of pepperoni underneath all that heavenly goo stood out in their own right.

Exchequer Pub on Urbanspoon

No comments: