temp

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lazy day in Vegas


Cleveland Clinic's Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health. Ow! My brain hurts.

Wednesday, Dec. 29, 2010

Breakfast buffet at the Main Street Station. I seem to remember it being better on previous occasions. Variety seems to be lacking. I could get a better breakfast at the Ryan’s in Clive, Iowa. But it’s convenient and the wait staff are on their game.

Parent both slaps child's behind then comforts him before trotting them off to bathroom. Likely to bash their head against the urinal while telling them "I love you very, very much."

I picked the wrong profession in life. I should have become an omelet maker. Here at Main Street Station, he’s the life of the room. Making jokes, engaging in light banter, making a mint in tips one dollar at a time.

Overcast and blustery out. Good morning to relax in bed after breakfast.

Spent the afternoon watching pal Barb plan out a new glass art object. With the threat of freezing temperatures overnight I helped Barb with the harvesting grapefruit and oranges with Barb.

Dinner at Market Grille Cafe. Tried the spanakopita platter with Greek salad, Basmati herb rice, hummus and pita points. It was fine, but served warm the phyllo dough lacked crispness. Also, the flavor of the spinach seemed subdued.


Barb with her backyard harvest.

Spanakopita platter from Market Grille Cafe.

Back home at the Gold Spike. Light rain outside. Thought of staying in, but wanderlust compelled me to the streets.

Neither cold or rain shall stay these silly people from wandering around here tonight. My excuse? Boredom.

After some idling about I scarfed down two kraut dogs to go from Binion's Cafe and retired for the evening.

Market Grille Cafe on Urbanspoon Photos from the Picasa Web Album: Holiday trip 2010

No comments: