temp

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lunch in the sun at Graham's Dairy Freez in Ottumwa

On my last day in Ottumwa during my recent vacation I passed on breakfast after two disappointing meals the previous two days and opted for lunch at Graham’s Dairy Freez, a local soft-serve favorite.

Enjoying lunch al fresco, I started off with a tasty Black Angus hot dog with chili and cheese sauce, a “steakburger” made with a fairly decent pre-formed patty, and a cup of the soft-serve flavor-of-the-week, black raspberry.

Cool and creamy, but the raspberry flavor is quite muted, and incomparable to hard-pack and frozen custard versions I've enjoyed elsewhere. Still worth a try if vanilla or chocolate neither float your boat. Graham's rotates a special flavor every two weeks.

Graham Milk & Ice Cream Co on Urbanspoon

No comments: