temp

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Gold Coast Char Dog: Don't poke your eye out.

Upon biting into my first Gold Coast Dog I wondered what sharp piece of wood was jabbing the top of my mouth until I realized it was one of the charred scored ends of the frank.

Gold Coast Dog's Char Dog.

Overcoming the initial surprise I enjoyed the accurately named Char Dog. For a follow-up I tried a Char Polish Sausage. It was fine but the flavor was disappointingly indiscernible from the Char Dog. Must be all that char, right?

Gold Coast Dog's Char Polish Sausage.

Still, Gold Coast Dogs is worth a repeat the next time I pass through Union Station. Air travelers take note: Gold Coast Dogs also has locations at the Midway Triangle and two at O'Hare Terminals 3 and 5.

Gold Coast Dogs on Urbanspoon

No comments: