temp

Monday, March 12, 2012

Fresh garlic on pizza! Where have you been all my life?

After a thorough drunkening at the Second Story Bar in Streeterville I was in need of some grub to soak up the Bushmills. Gino's East, a few blocks north on E. Superior, fit the bill. I saddled up to the bar and ordered a deep-dish pepperoni with fresh garlic.

Whoa! Fresh garlic is not an understatement. It is most aggressive. To the point that the gentleman seated to my right asked if it was too late to add garlic to his order. Cheesy, saucy, garlicky. I don't think I could ever order a pizza again without it.

The crust is quite toothsome with a satisfying texture. A substantial crumb. And once you try fresh garlic on your pizza, how can you ever go back? The flavor is a world changer.

Original Gino's East on Urbanspoon

No comments: