temp

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The new platform at Denver's Union Station.

May Trip to Reno, Part 2;
May 10, 2014

Aboard Amtrak's westbound California Zephyr traveling across Nebraska, I found myself waking up every hour or so to relieve myself, and to writhe in pain from unexpected muscle cramps. Go figure!

While brushing my teeth, the train slipped into Colorado. An hour later, breakfast was served. But damn if some of last night's overcooked corn medley snuck into my breakfast omelet. Nice job ruining breakfast! At least they didn't fuck with the grits.

Northeast Colorado from aboard Amtrak.

In Denver, I took an opportunity to stretch the legs and peruse the new track platform outside the newly-upgraded Union Station.

The new platform at Denver's Union Station.

At the station platform in Denver, from left: Old school baggage car and cart; Our locomotives for the westbound California Zephyr.

After leaving Denver I spent the day taking photos and videos of my rail journey through Colorado…

No comments: