temp

Saturday, February 2, 2019

Eats, drinks in the East Village

Left, Ciabatta French toast with eggs and bacon at Railroad Bill’s Dining Car plus an added foundation of hash browns for my eggs. I skipped the syrup and wolfed down the French toast with my bare hands! Good food at a great price: all this plus coffee for eleven bucks and change. To alcohol, not the cause of and certainly not the solution to all of my problems. But three buck bottles of Rolling Rock, right, is hard to pass up at Buddy's Corral.

Lunch at La Hacienda on Grand in the East Village featuring huevos con chorizo, guacamole, chips, salsa, and a Dos Equis. A satisfying meal in every aspect. Leftover corn tortillas I took home for dinner.

Left, Blue Spring Oolong at Gong Fu Tea. The leaves are rolled in licorice powder. Very slight effect, IMHO; almost indiscernible. Seven Sons Bing Cha, right, a puerh found at Gong Fu Tea that’s delightfully earthy with some musty notes. A superb aged tea!

No comments: