temp

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Iowa State Fair Food 2010

UPDATE: Jennie's Grinders has ceased operating a food stand at the Iowa State Fair. 2015 was their last Fair.

Foot-long corn dog slathered with mustard. Eets so beeg! Comparing corn dogs from Westmoreland and Campbell's stands, I prefer the Campbell's corn dog for more corn flavor and a soft corn meal grit in the batter.

Mmm, mega-condiments. I kept myself from doing ranch shots, though it was difficult.

Jennie's Grinder. Meat, cheese, bread, spice. Yum!

Sauceless so you can taste the seasonings.

Family recipe Italian sausage cooking up at Jennie's.

Jennie's Grinder stand at the Fair. See you next year!

Pella bologna-on-a-stick. Spicy, meaty. More akin to kielbasa than Oscar Meyer.

Z'Mariks mac and cheese. Sauce has a nice homemade mouthfeel like it was made from a béchamel, though the pasta overcooked in the warmer. Slighty gummy. I guess I'm a whore for al dente.

No comments: