temp

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Omelet House: Las Vegas' low-key breakfast favorite

On the way to Mitchell Caverns in the Mojave National Preserve in California, Barb and I swung by an Omelet House in Henderson. Decent staff, pleasant working class eatery atmosphere. I browsed the menu and was dumbstruck by the sheer magnitude of omelets offered. I was not to be disappointed.

I ordered an omelet with Ortega chiles. A regular-sized omelet is a six-egg affair approximately the size of a deflated football! Today I opted for a baby omelet with a mere three eggs and a memorable side of potatoes, sliced thin, fried crisp, and seasoned.

Some Louisiana Hot Sauce for the taters, a healthy dose of Tabasco green sauce for the omelet, and a big glass of water with refill and I was ready for the trek ahead.
Omelet House on Urbanspoon Photo from the Picasa Web Album: Just Loathing in Las Vegas (now with less loathing)

No comments: