temp

Friday, May 11, 2012

Wasabi Chi: Fung shui for your belly.

I had an unexpected lunch date at Wasabi Chi on Douglas Avenue recently. Looking over the vegetarian options I was pleased to find a couple of offerings and a decently priced lunch special perfectly suited to my selections.

The Sushi Bar Lunch Special is your choice of rolls – two or three – served with miso soup and a small salad of iceberg lettuce with dressing. I selected the Sweet Potato Tempura Roll and the Mixed Veggie Roll.

Presentation was eye-catching. It was like a battleship had set anchor on my table. The Sweet Potato Tempura Roll with lightly battered and fried sweet potato planks hid a pleasing crisp within its nori and rice confines. Mixed Veggie Roll offered aparagus, avocado and shoestrings of cucumber. All in all, quite good and filling.

Wasabi Chi Asian Cuisine & Sushi Bar on
Urbanspoon

No comments: