temp

Saturday, August 4, 2012

It's a breakfast pizza throwdown! Wherefore art thou, Bobby Flay?

I've counted on Fong's topping-laden breakfast slices, especially the Godzilla slathered in sausage pepper gravy, to be my breakfast pizza of choice [see blog post]. But of late Something Italian took a leap of faith and now offers a meat trio pizza – ham, bacon, and pepperoni – topped with whole eggs. Stunning in presentation and as one popular barista at Amici Espresso nearby told me, "I can tell I'm eating breakfast pizza, but I also feel like I've had a complete breakfast."

At first glance, it may look like fried eggs atop the pizza. But no, the freshly-cracked eggs have been gently dropped on top and allowed to poach, for lack of a better description. Those who are fastidious about egg white being completely set may balk at a slice, but that just means more for the rest of us who swoon at the mere sight of this pie. I shared my bounty with others and we all reveled in its deliciousness.

Once you try a slice, you'll never look at breakfast pizza with mere scrambled eggs the same way again. An inspiring offering from the good folks at Something Italian. Game on, Fong's!

Something Italian on Urbanspoon

No comments: