temp

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Can't Believe It's Not Breakfast Burrito!

UPDATE: The Point has since closed.

During the final days of Bombay Bicycle Club before becoming The Point, Chef Sam Auen of Tacopocalypse fame had been experimenting with sausage gravy atop a burrito appropriately called the I Can't Believe It's Not Breakfast Burrito! I was compelled to give it a taste.

The gravy is well above par, the essence of the sausage permeates the sauce. Black pepper – normally employed as a crutch for gravies less flavorful – is quite subtle.

The burrito is none less remarkable with moist scrambled egg, creamy queso, savory bacon chorizo and poblano potatoes. Shoestring sweet potato for garnish and cuminy black beans complete the dish.

On a lark I ordered the Chiles Torreados, a six-pack of deep fried jalapeños with a side of bacon crema for dipping. I polished off all six, but not without a brief bout of hiccups.

Tacopocalypse at The Point on Urbanspoon

No comments: