temp

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Winding down after a long day in Omaha.

Summertime visits to Omaha, Part 5;
July 19, 2014

I had planned all along to take the bus on my final leg of the journey along with some leftovers. But after consuming an entire medium sized pizza from La Casa Pizzaria [see blog post] and with enough light in the sky on that July evening, I once again opted for a walk. Passing through Elmwood Park and the University of Nebraska at Omaha campus, I found myself back at Crossroads Mall, scoring a water for the road and a needed restroom break at Target.

Epic neon along Leavenworth St. in Omaha.

Winding down after my half-marathon trek across Omaha, I waited for the inevitable crash along with the returning Megabus. Upon boarding I smacked my Glob-darned head on the low ceiling while entering from the rear because some lazy driver had to sit her behind on the front stairwell, blocking any entry through the front.

The half-marathon I walked that day in Omaha.

I was hoping for a quiet ride home until my neighbors, a chatty pair, settled in across the aisle from me. After our on-time departure some buffoon who didn't get to the stop in time followed us for miles trying to get the bus to stop. Note to anyone else who encounters a similar situation: the driver will not stop. Even if you try to hinder the buses path, they'll just go around you. Not Megabus, not Greyhound, nor Burlington Trailways or Jefferson Lines.

No comments: