temp

Saturday, December 13, 2014

A drink and a smoke at Jake's Cigars & Spirits in Benson.

Summertime visits to Omaha, Part 11;
August 9, 2014

Feeling no pain after a few beers at Infusion Brewing [see blog post] and desirous for an annual smoke, I ventured into Jake's Cigars & Spirits for a quality cigar and a fine Irish whiskey.

A fine selection of package liquor at Jake's Cigars & Spirits in Benson; My once-a-year smoke.

Matchbook and matchbox advise.

A blood glucose of 115 after a day of indulgences – breakfast, beers, cigar, and whiskey – wasn't bad. I still needed supper but not before purging my nicotine/alcohol/caffeine buzz with iced Moroccan Mint tea, back at Aromas + Bliss [see blog post].

Time had caught up with me as the sun set lower in the west, so I abandoned any ideas for supper either in Benson or Dundee, instead settling on pizza at Zio's on Dodge [see upcoming blog post]. It was closer to the Megabus stop than the former, but as I discovered not that much. In the end it was a full three-mile walk to Zio's, and another one-mile walk back to return to the bus stop. Though nowhere near the half-marathon I walked on my last day trip to Omaha, I reckon I had equaled at least half that distance.

No comments: