temp

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Good coffee bookends time spent in Benson.

Summertime visits to Omaha, Part 7;
August 9, 2014

So sated I was after a fine breakfast at Leo's Diner [see blog post], my usual desire for wanderlust was bludgeoned into submission. Sauntering a few doors east to the corner of Maple and N. 60th Ave., I settled down at Aromas + Bliss to cool my heels and enjoy an excellent cup of Kickapoo coffee. A clean restroom was a welcome bonus.

Aromas + Bliss Coffeehouse in Benson.

Fed, rested, and caffeinated, I took a leisurely stroll up and down Maple Street, the main drag through the Benson neighborhood business district. I happened upon a small Farmers' Market where I came upon a produce vendor with a table resplendent with heirloom tomatoes. A particular variety of cherry tomato called Sunsugar was extraordinary! Happily I munched on a half-dozen of those little flavor bombs.

Marvelous heirloom tomatoes plus banana peppers at the Benson Farmers' Market.

Afterward I took a respite at the Omaha Bicycle Co., which offered bikes, gear, repair, and to my delight, Intelligentsia coffee. And literally just a stone's throw away from Aroma + Bliss with their Kickapoo offerings. I enjoyed a bold espresso with a healthy splash of half-n-half.

The Omaha Bicycle Co.: inside and out.

Once more caffeinated I perused more of the Benson neighborhood, with its quirky storefronts, eye-catching signage, and noteworthy murals.

No comments: