temp

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Home cooking!

Of late I've been enjoying some delightful home-cooked meals. Aside from a homey pre-Thanksgiving day feast, highlights have included savory meatloaf with baked potato, and cheesy, sausage-rich lasagne with garlic bread. I regret not taking any pictures of the chopped salads served alongside these entrees, they've been most eye-catching, toothsome, and satisfying.

When eating out I usually eschew dessert, but its hard not to resist a cinnamony apple crisp, an amusing mini-banana cream pie, or peppermint ice cream topped with a tender-crumbed Christmas cookie. I had to nosh on a few more to quell my cookie lust.

After reacquainting with family on social media I've also been privy to a couple of holiday feasts this season, resplendent with standards such as roast turkey, green bean casserole, scalloped corn, candied yams, stuffing (with celery too!), and my particular favorite, deviled eggs. I can never eat just one!

It has been a good fall/winter for home-cooked meals. Hungrily hoping for more <wink>.

No comments: