temp

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Breakfast sandwiches at Mr. Filet. Suck it, Burger King!

As many of you know I’m a big fan of the Greek omelet served up at Mr. Filet Steakhouse downtown, as well as their crispy hash browns [see blog post]. Turns out those hash browns generally start out as extra baked potatoes from the prior days’ lunch, chilled overnight in the fridge to firm up, then peeled and grated before hitting the grill. w00t!

I had always made a habit of getting a side of browns with my omelet, but of late I’ve been enjoying them with more simpler fare like eggs over easy.

I’ve also become quite fond of Mr. Filet’s breakfast sandwiches, the McGreek and the breakfast pita.

The tongue-in-cheek named McGreek is basically scrambled egg, meat and cheese on a grilled English muffin. Note… grilled, not toasted. The grilled open side develops a delightful crispness, while the crust gets soft and tender. Just plain delicious.

The breakfast pita takes scrambled egg and chopped choice of meat and wraps it up in a soft grilled pita bread. Extras like onions and peppers can be requested. I like mine with jalapeños.

Mr Filet Steakhouse on Urbanspoon

No comments: