temp

Monday, April 29, 2013

Recent eats: The chain restaurant edition.

Normally I don't order a jumbo-sized pizza for myself. Well… that's not true. Just not often. When gifted a $20 Groupon for Godfather's Pizza my first thought was to split a pizza, but in a self-piteous act of depression I decided to keep the whole pie for myself. This jumbo Hot Stuff pizza was quite the feast, though the kibble-shaped sausage was visually unappealing. I was only able to polish off four slices of this bad boy, but the leftovers lasted for three more meals.

Slices of pizza and burritos are pretty common for late night eats in Des Moines, but I'm more keen for eggs on a plate. Recently I visited the south-side Perkins at Fleur and McKinley for some breakfast past ten. My dining companion ordered the chicken fried steak and eggs, with hash browns; I chose the Country Cookin’ Benedict, with home fries and fruit. I ate the fruit first, dosed up the rest with Tabasco and dug in. With a toasted English muffin, topped with breakfast sausage patties, slices of American cheese, two eggs and country gravy, I'd certainly order it again.

No comments: