temp

Thursday, May 29, 2014

A fine breakfast at the Crouse Cafe – oh, but the buffet tempts!

While visiting the Crouse Cafe in Indianola for breakfast I happened to take a gander at their Sunday buffet. Oh boy, what a buffet it was! By far the best lookin' breakfast buffet I've seen in a long while. Even the breakfast casserole looked tasty.

Highlights included kielbasa, Eggs Benedict, an exceptional selection of baked goods, and hot and seriously gooey cinnamon buns. The lesson learned on this visit was to check for a buffet before ordering. Not that I wasn’t displeased with my Everything Omelet, chocked full of sausage, ham, bacon, green pepper, onion, and cheese.

The Crouse is known for its deep-fried home fries – a favorite of mine – but I was rather curious about the hash browns. They were okay, but not worth missing out on those crispy, golden home fries.

A side of sausage gravy was functional enough to enliven the hash browns. I’d sure like to try it out on either biscuits or a chicken fried steak sometime, but not before I take a crack at that glorious breakfast buffet.

Crouse Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: