temp

Sunday, March 4, 2018

My Brother's Bar: A Welcoming Oasis

The absolute highlight of my visit to Denver was several lunches at My Brother's Bar at the corner of 15th and Platte in the LoDo district. The staff were exceedingly friendly and made me feel much welcome there. A parting shot of Knappogue Castle on my final visit was an appreciated gesture.

I hope for many returns. My Brother's Bar is the kind of oasis I seek, both home and aboard.

The Johnny Burger features jalapeΓ±o cream cheese, Swiss and Cheddar cheeses, plus grilled onions. Its everything I want in a bar burger: a good beef patty with just a hint of pink, an indulgence of cheese, and sweet grilled onions.

Left: The condiment tray is first rate with raw onion, relish, pickles, and peperoncini provided, along with squirt bottles of ketchup and mustard. Right: Battered onion rings are fried to a golden brown.

Left: A proper bowl of red chili, i.e. chili con carne with beans. With shredded cheese and raw onion, it really hits the spot. Right: A reversed bun grilled cheese jacks up comfort level attained.

1 comment:

JeniEats said...

I want to go here now!