temp

Monday, December 12, 2011

Return to Mullets

On a cold, wet weekend earlier this month I returned to Mullets to sample more of their breakfast fare [see blog post of previous visits].

The Jalapeño bacon is a pricey side but tasty nonetheless with a good zest in the throat. As much as I like the flavor, I'll save my money for another screwdriver.

The mushroom red pepper omelet has no shortage of mushrooms, but could use a boost in the red bell pepper department. Being so close I'd suggest getting some big-ass cans of roasted, peeled red bell peppers from Graziano's and employ liberally. The fontina cheese on top is a nice visual feast, but I have a fondness for cheese in the middle, where it can stay hot and melty a little longer. Overall a good omelet.

The side of hash browns sport a nice brown, crispy exterior, and an almost fluffy texture inside. Among the best bar hash browns in town. I passed on toast and upgraded to a grilled English muffin. Skip the butter and enjoy the crispness.

Next morning I ordered Eggs Benedict with streaky bacon as a substitute for Canadian bacon. Poached eggs had a thick runny yolk and the creamy Hollandaise sauce, was both bright and well seasoned. Spot on!

Mullet's on Urbanspoon

No comments: